Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Alan Fletcher @ Design Museum


What an amazing exhibition. Went down to London last week and had the chance to see the Alan Fletcher exhibition at the Design Museum.

Very inspiring and full of fun, ideas and inspiration. I could feel the process of making things, the ideas flying around the designer and him just being able to grab them and make them alive.

You can easily say that it was mostly fun, the processes looked very obvious and the ideas were aiming straight to the point without any fancy stuff or really theoretical concepts. And this is what made everything so fantastic, so diverse and gave the flexibility for adaptation of different styles.

It was rather interesting seeing the actual works that I have been seeing in books, there nice and big for you to look at. Unfortunately I only managed to get to the Design Museum 45mins before it was closing although I felt I could stay in there for days..


some extras!

No comments: